In today’s world, having easy access to your money is really important. OPay, a popular app, can help you do that. Opay is used to make transactions daily in many African countries. Their Services are seamless, and transactions are usually fast and efficient. Also, They have a special card you can use for buying things, getting cash from ATMs, and shopping online. In this guide, I will show you how to get this OPay Debit card, and how to activate and use it.
If you don’t have an Account on Opay already, you’ll need to create an Account to use your Debit card. Visit https://opay.ng/s/dUwz and put in your Phone Number then go to your Google Play Store or Apple Store and Download the OPay App. After installing it, open the app, and on the welcome page, you’ll see a button that says “Sign Up”. Click on it and fill in your details: Name, Phone Number, Username, Email, and Referral Code. For the referral code, you can leave it blank or put “8063464190” as your referral code. Click on “Sign up” and your account will be created successfully.
How to Request for an OPay Debit Card
Requesting for an OPay Debit Card is simple; there are two ways you can go about requesting an OPay Debit Card. You can either request your card directly on the OPay app, or you can request it from an OPay Agent.
How to Request an OPay Debit Card from the OPay Mobile App
- Launch the OPay Mobile App and log in to your Account with your Phone Number and Password or pin.
- On the bottom right corner of your screen, click on the “Cards” section.
- On the Page, select “Click for Home Delivery.”
- You’ll be prompted to fill in your Delivery Address and Contact Phone Number.
- You’ll also need to pay a 2,000 Naira delivery fee.
- Click “Confirm” to proceed with the Card Delivery Payment.
- After making the Payment, your Card will be delivered to you within a Few Working Days.
How to Get your OPay Debit Card from nearby Agents
- Visit any Nearby OPay agent.
- Tell the Agent you want to get your OPay Debit Card
- The Agent will give you a Form to fill out.
- Fill out the form with your personal information and shipping address (if you want the card delivered to your address).
- Use the Agent’s address if you don’t want it to be delivered directly to you.
- Pay the card delivery fee to the agent.
- You’ll receive your Debit Card within a few working days or you’ll be contacted by the Agent when your Card is ready.
By following these simple steps, you can order your OPay Debit Card directly on the OPay Mobile App or through an OPay Agent.
How to Find Nearby OPay Agents
If you don’t know any nearby OPay agents, you can find them by following these simple steps:
- Open your OPay App and log in.
- Go to the “Cards” section.
- Click on “Pick up from Nearby Merchants.”
- Your Location will be shown on the map, and a List of Agents near you will be displayed together with their Phone Numbers for you to Call them.
How to activate your OPay debit card
Once you have received your OPay debit card, you need to activate it before you can start using it.
How to Activate your OPay Debit Card on the Mobile App
To activate your card for Online Transactions:
- Open the OPay app and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Cards” icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “My Card”.
- Tap on the “Activate” button next to your OPay debit card.
- Enter the last four digits of your card number and the expiration date.
- Create a PIN for your card.
- Tap on “Activate” to complete the process.
Once your card has been activated, you can start using it to make payments at ATMs, POS terminals, and online. You can also use your card to withdraw cash from ATMs.
How to Activate OPay debit card at an ATM
For you to use your OPay debit Card for offline Transactions, OPay mandates that you activate your card at a Zenith Bank ATM point. To activate your Card:
- Visit any functional zenith bank ATM point
- Insert your Debit Card into the ATM
- Enter your Debit Card Number and the default Card pin (1111)
- You’ll be prompted to create a New ATM Pin
- Enter your New ATM Card pin, and your ATM Card will be automatically Activated for offline use.
How to Activate your OPay Debit Card using the USSD code
To activate your OPay Debit Card using the USSD code, follow these simple steps:
- Dial *955# on the Mobile phone number associated with your OPay Account.
- Choose “My Account” from the menu that is visible.
- After that, choose “ATM Card Activation” from the list of choices.
- Your ATM card number’s last six digits should be entered, followed by the expiration date in the format “MMYY”.
- Enter your ATM card’s 4-digit Pin.
- Your ATM card will be activated as soon as the required data has been input, and you will get a confirmation message on your phone.
Benefits of applying for the OPay Debit Card
- Get your Card for FREE; only pay for the Delivery
- Save as much as 9,000 Naira annually using your OPay Debit Card
- Enjoy 30% Exclusive Annual Returns
- Make Payments online without any Card Charges
- Enjoy 10 charge-Free ATM withdrawals daily
- Free Card Maintenance
What you can use your OPay Debit Card to do
- Make Payments online.
- Withdraw Offline at any POS or ATM terminal.
- Make Payments at any Grocery store.
- Pay for your Media subscriptions, e.g., Spotify.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get your OPay debit Card?
It usually takes 24-48 hours to receive your OPay Debit card after you’ve ordered it.
Where can I get an OPay debit Card?
You can get your OPay Debit card at any Nearby OPay Agent or order it on the Mobile App.
Can an OPay Debit card be used for online payments?
Yes, you can use your OPay Debit card to make purchases online on platforms where a Verve card is accepted.
Is OPay Debit Card Free?
OPay Debit Card is free to use but you’ll need to pay an initial Delivery Fee of 2,000 Naira to get your Card.
OPay Debit card default Pin
The Default PIN for your OPay Debit Card is ‘1111’.
Feel Free to drop your Comments and Questions in the Comment Section below. Keep visiting doublejayonl.com for more Updates and guides like this.